As the demand for energy resources continues to increase and expanding exploration into frontier areas becomes more difficult, E&P companies need to search deeper for resources, extract more hydrocarbons from existing reservoirs, and improve production economics from unconventional reservoirs.
The North American region is extremely diverse. Third-party research suggests that there is a huge resource opportunity still to be tapped in the deep and ultra-deep Gulf of Mexico but legacy speculative data is insufficient to image these deep plays. While unconventional onshore plays in North America, including fractured shale and tight gas sands, show significant reserve potential, there is a lack of high-quality seismic data to help maximize returns on investment.
In response to customer demand for improved understanding of this region, ION designed the North America Seismic Data Program, comprised of both offshore and onshore, 2D BasinSPAN and 3D ResSCAN programs.
North America Seismic Data Programs
- Gulf of Mexico SPAN Programs
- GulfSPAN - includes GulfSPAN 3D FTG Pilot Study and Eagle Ford Sub-Regional Study
- FloridaSPAN - includes newly acquired data in the eastern Gulf of Mexico
- YucatanSPAN - consists of newly reprocessed legacy data
- NovaSPAN - Newly reprocessed data, Canadian/U.S. boundary to the prospective waters offshore Nova Scotia (~3,300 km)